The skin around the eyes is thinner than the rest of the face and doesn’t possess many oil glands and is the first place to show the signs of aging.
Puffiness, swelling, dry eye and dark under eye bags are common among most women.
Incorporating these lifestyle modifications, you can combat eye related issues,
1. Make sure you get enough sleep. That’s a full 7 to 9 hours. Going to bed late in the night repeatedly can only help to worsen the situation.
2. Avoid foods that contain harmful chemicals as they are recipes for allergies. This includes prescribed medication that might contain traces of allergens. Avoid them if you can.
3. Increase your intake of water on daily basis. This would help to hydrate your body keeping your skin smooth and supple.
4. Increase intake of fruits, dairy products, green veggies etc. Avoid excess salt and excess intake as they are the main culprits.
5. Place peels of cucumber and potato over the under-eye regions for 15 minutes. If done routinely every day before going to bed, it will reduce puffiness considerably.
6. Breakdown in the skin structure around the under eyes area, leads to the eyes appearing aged. It is imperative that you keep moisturising and toning your skin to make it firm as it should be.
7. Never go to bed with eye makeup. Before going to bed each night, make sure you always take the time to remove your makeup and wash away the day. When you put your head on your pillow, provide your skin a fresh and clean environment. Remember, your skin needs to be able to breathe.
8. Solution for under eye bags problems. Apply crushed mint leaves on the affected area around under the eye. Another approach is to mix tomato and lemon juice in equal proportions. Apply the mix to the affected area around the eye and left for 10 minutes or there about. When it’s time to remove it, wash it off using cold water. You can repeat this twice or three times in a day. It reduces stubborn eye bags tremendously.
9. Keep your hands off your eyes. Touching your eyes frequently will expose them to bacteria and germs. Plus, rubbing too hard can irritate your eyes, or even break a blood vessel.
10. Avoid sleeping with contact lenses even if they are approved for overnight wear. Sleeping contact free allows your eyes to breathe and eliminates opportunity for bacteria to grow on your contacts.
Take out time every day to care for your eyes using these personal daily eye care tips. And remember that making regular eye appointments is key to lifelong vision health.