This September make self-care a part of your routine – Every single day, Focus on self-care.
Practice things as simple as a conscious breathing in the morning or a luxurious time away from the pressures of everyday life.
Some Enticing Self-care Tips
- Listen to your body: Instead of passing orders to your body for once, analyse what your body needs right now to function better. Check out if it’s a hot bath, massage, rest, exercise, stretching, yoga, a visit to the doctor or a holiday? Listen to your inner needs and then take a few moments today to take care of them.
- Spend more time with Yourself: No matter how strange, it might sound being alone can help resolve many internal issues that tend to pile up within you and might at some stage burst out in odd situations. Become your best friend.
- Sort out things that Bother You: Don’t avoid things that are getting under your skin. If something is bothering you, confront it – deal with it. Come up with a plan to take care of what’s bothering you.
- Perfect the art of saying “No”: Without doubt, mostly it’s the women who are always saying Yes. Compromise is built into our systems so deeply that often we sacrifice the time kept for ourselves to please others. To cope, never say Yes (or No) in the moment you are asked, always buy time by saying you need to check with your partner; you need to confirm your other commitments; you need to think about the offer/invitation and get back to the person who is asking. Take baby steps and practice this with your family / friends first. After all there will be many situations in home and in work where we need to be saying NO.
- Have gratitude for Everything: Trust everything is happening in Divine Order!
Remember, True self-care is not self-centred nor selfish; it is simply keeping yourself in focus of your own life. It’s about paying attention to how you feel in each moment, communicating clearly, speaking up for yourself and saying yes or no…when necessary.
The kindness you will show towards yourself will manifest into a kinder world.