By Dietitian Sheela Seharawat,
Founder Diet Clinic Health Care Pvt Ltd
There is no other relation that you could relate more emotionally about than the relation we have with our mother. Our mothers have the gift of gab, an all-natural trait of care giving, mentoring and lot more. Their sensitivity for all our needs, her unbiased experiential sharing and doing all what is needed to do better to our lives is what a mother is and is what leaves an indelible mark on our lives.
Widely celebrated as a special day to honor and pay tribute to all mothers and motherhood, to remember and pay our respect to the women who brought us up – raised us and sacrificed whatever was needed, every year on second Sunday in May, Mother’s Day is observed worldwide. People across the globe in various ways show their appreciation for mother’s and mother figures on this day.
Pledge for fitness for all mothers this Mother’s Day
Staying fit and active is something women have never been concerned with for centuries. But with modernization and women showing their skills and expertise in nearly every aspects of life along with maintaining a balance between motherhood and business women, they have started to consider and understand the need of fitness and healthy living.
Mother is the most beautiful creation that mankind has ever got. Kids are on the top of the priority list for any mother – their nutrition, health, their care and anything that has to do with their kids and more to it, if you are a working mother, it takes up for you to be more responsible. Apart from taking care of kids and work demands you need to focus on your health as well.
Here are some brilliant ways how you could maintain a balance between your personal and professional life and that too being a mother.
- Always make sure to have a good breakfast: mornings are the most stressed hours for all mothers and hence it becomes all the more important to ensure that you have a good and healthy breakfast. It could be detrimental to your health missing this out as you will feel fatigued, stressed and have low energy to do anything along with health issues. Breakfasts are also the major source of sugar that the body needs to function optimally.
- Get Outside: going outside with some relaxing time in the open is always very beneficial in many ways and it is here why –
- It makes you feel happy.
- It improves the blood pressure and heart rate.
- It improves immunity.
- Fresh air has been proved to improve digestion.
- It enhances mood and makes you sharper.
- Fresh air cleans lungs.
- Get good sleep: sleep is as important as anything else in life. Get enough rest through sleep your body needs, and is another vital aspect that you should never stay away from. It helps largely in reducing stress and to rejuvenate the body’s physical and mental abilities. A good night sleep is instrumental in developing a sound physical health and well-being.
- Drink adequate water: keeping hydrated is another aspect that should always be considered for healthy living. Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day is recommended. Water in a whole has a lot of health benefits from refreshing the body, to energizing the system and providing the body with immunity and strength to carry you along all the daily chores. It has been noticed that dehydration contributes to be a major cause in mood upsets and improper brain functioning.
The importance of nutrition for mothers
Women and in particular mothers need more nutrition than men. It has been noticed that many working mothers face iron deficiency due to blood loss through menstruation. It is very vital that mothers and particularly working ones should include meats, poultry and fish in their regular diet. Spinach, kidney beans, lentils and split beans are options for vegetarians.
Nutritional deficiencies shows certain changes and symptoms in the body, which all women should take care of and act accordingly. Tiredness, irritability, depression etc. are signs of iron and vitamin deficiencies. Lack of proper nutrition can make it difficult for the body to repair itself and also for the organs to functions properly.
Women like anyone else should enjoy a variety of foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, dairy and proteins. A diet rich in nutrient provides the body with the much needed energy to perform and prevents it from diseases.