Nutritive InformationCalories: 535 Fat: 37 g Net Carbs: 5.75 g net Protein: 44 g
- 4 7 ounce portions of Silver Hake or other sustainable white fish
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds, whole
- 2 long green chilies, cut in small pieces, deseeded if you prefer a milder curry.
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, grated or ½ tsp of ground turmeric powder
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cup full fat coconut cream
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup water
- Heat half of the coconut oil in a large saucepan or a small dutch oven.
- Add the mustard seed and stir until it starts to pop.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sweat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chilli, curry, cumin and turmeric and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and bring to the boil then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime heat the rest of the oil in a nonstick pan.
- Fry the fish in the coconut oil for about 2 to 3 minutes, turning it gently in the middle careful not to break the fillets.
- Now add the fish to the curry sauce, and cook for another 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the cilantro and mix well. Serve immediately.