Nutritive InformationPer serving:
- 298 calories
- 17 g fat(4 g sat)
- 3 g fiber
- 25 g carbohydrates
- 16 g protein
- 372 mg cholesterol
- 526 mg sodium
- 279 mg potassium
- 4 medium cloves garlic, finely grated or minced
- 1½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt6 tablespoons water
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 4 warm paratha breads or whole-wheat tortillas
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Combine garlic and ginger in a bowl; press with a spoon to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in turmeric; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is light brown, 5 to 7 minutes more. Stir in the garlic-ginger paste, coriander, chili powder and salt. Stir in water, partially cover and cook until the water evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until almost set, 4 to 6 minutes. Serve rolled in paratha (or tortillas) with cilantro, if desired.