- Calories 271.2
- Cholesterol 231.3 mg
- Sodium 992.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Protein 21 g
- 2lbs large raw tiger shrimp, in their shells, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2cup butter
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6garlic cloves, smashed
- 2limes, juice and zest of
- 1bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- warm tortilla, to serve
- lemon slice, for the finger bowls
- Rinse the prawns in a colander, remove their heads and leave them to drain.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and fry over a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes (Cook the prawns in a large frying pan or cast iron flamproof dish that can be taken directly to the table, so that they retain their heat until they are served).
- Add the lime rind and juice.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute more.
- Add the prawns and cook them for 2 to 3 minutes until they turn pink.
- Remove them from the heat, sprinkle with coriander and serve with the warm tortillas.
- Give each guest a finger bowl filled with water and a slice of lemon, for cleaning their fingers after shelling the prawns, and provide lots of paper napkins!