In this fast paced world where everybody is pushed against the wall and is looking for quick solution, comes another skeptical weight loss option- The Slim Capsule.
The Slim Capsule is a dry heat sauna bed where your head stays out in the cool air with a fan blowing on it. The bed is contoured like your body and vibrates to give you a massage. Cellulite creams are put on the body and you can either wear a plastic type sweat suit or one that’s made of a more transparent cloth. According to the company that markets The Slim Capsule, the procedure detoxes pulling toxins out of the body. It reportedly tones, firms and contours the body, burns calories, increases metabolism and circulation.
Beneficial for people with injuries or physical limitations that complicate workouts and exercise.
There is a biochemical effect from these types of lights that can be of benefit but it would take an enormous amount of frequency of treatments for you to see clinically a benefit.
Fat cells liquefy at 110 degrees Fahrenheit, and can be released through the pores along with sweat during a typical 30-minute infrared sauna session.
How Does it Work?
The body is tucked inside the capsule and heated with LED bulbs and heating elements. The head sticks outside the unit, while a fan blows cool air on the face. Before getting into the SlimCapsule, you apply lotion and oil to your “trouble areas.” These two products help break down cellulite. You are made to wear a zip-up suit that helps the body reach top temperatures.
The first SlimCapsule sessions get you to about 150 degrees. The temperature is increased in following sessions until your body core reaches 175 degrees, which is tolerable because your head is outside the station. Sessions in the capsule last from 20-30 minutes.
Built-in massage, ionizing air and aromatherapy, plus relaxing music, combine for an immensely relaxing experience. According to Planet Beach “Its a great way to burn up to 500 calories in a 30-minute session”. There are also light-emitting diodes (LEDs) — head-to-toe lights they say help with anti-aging and firming of the skin. Depending on light (red, blue, yellow, or a combination), it’s said to improve acne, lines, and wrinkles; speed healing; stimulate new collagen; improve pigmentation and texture. Some doctors say heat does not increase metabolism and burn calories, the women who use the Slim Capsule say their bodies, skin and stretch marks look better, and it’s motivating them.
It’s up to you to decide.
One liter of sweat in an ordinary sauna contains approximately 3% toxins, in an infrared sauna this is 20% ! Analysis of sweat in an infrared sauna:
- 80 to 85% water
- Heavy metals:lead, cadmium, nickel, copper, sodium
Benefits of Sauna Bathing
Although sauna bathing causes various acute, transient cardiovascular and hormonal changes, it is well tolerated by most healthy adults and children.
- Sauna bathing is safe during the uncomplicated pregnancies of healthy women.
- Some studies have suggested that long-term sauna bathing may help lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension and improve the left ventricular ejection fraction in patients with chronic congestive heart failure, but additional data are needed to confirm these findings.
- The transient improvements in pulmonary function that occur in the sauna may provide some relief to patients with asthma and chronic bronchitis.
- Sauna bathing may also alleviate pain and improve joint mobility in patients with rheumatic disease.
- Although sauna bathing does not cause drying of the skin-and may even benefit patients with psoriasis-sweating may increase itching in patients with atopic dermatitis.
Contraindications to Sauna Bathing
- Unstable angina pectoris, recent myocardial infarction, and severe aortic stenosis.
Sauna bathing is safe, however, for most people with coronary heart diseasewith stable angina pectoris or old myocardial infarction. Very few acute myocardial infarctions and sudden deaths occur in saunas, but alcohol consumption during sauna bathing increases the risk of hypotension, arrhythmia, and sudden death, and should be avoided. (source: NCBI)
- In order to have the best weight loss results, be sure to drink plenty of water before an infrared sauna session in order to stay hydrated and help speedy toxin dispel.
- A combination of healthy diet and exercise is a must with any therapy for a permanent weight loss. Include more vegetables, whole grains and fruits in your daily routine, while eliminating processed foods and enrichedwhite flour.