4. Rose Petal and Indian Spice Hummus
A Levantine dip / spread prepared with mashed and creamy chickpeas blended with edible dried rose petals, rose powder, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic with a flavor and mesmerizing fragrance of edible rose petals.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Soaking Time for Chickpeas: 08 hours
Chilling Time: 01 hour
Ingredients and Quantity:
- Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), soaked overnight and cooked: 325 gm.
- Dried Rose petals, edible, cooked along with chickpeas- ½ tbsp.
- Rose powder, edible- 01 tsp.
- Garlic, crushed- 04 cloves
- Punjabi Garam masala powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Red chilli powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Lemon juice- 01 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil- 02 tbsp. / or more as desired
- Tahini- 1/4th cup
- Water, reserved – 1/4th cup
- Salt- to taste
For the sprinkling:
- Punjabi Garam masala powder- a pinch
- Red chilli powder- a pinch
For the garnish:
- Rose Petals, edible: ¼ th tbsp.
- Green Pumpkin seeds (Pepitas), lightly toasted- 02 tsp.
For the drizzling:
- Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling: 01 tbsp.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth except the ingredients mentioned for the sprinkling, garnish and drizzling.
- Chill in the refrigerator , covered with a cling wrap for an hour before serving
- Garnish with edible rose petals and Pepitas sprinkled with Indian spice powders, drizzled with olive oil.
- You may serve this delectable dip with Lavash / Carrot crudités.
- Reserve the water in which the chickpeas were boiled, it can be used for blending the ingredients for Hummus.
- I personally suggest using Garbanzo beans which are soaked overnight and then cooked till well done, as some may opt for using canned ones.