By Dr. Siddhant Bhargava
Co-Founder, Fitness & Nutritional Scientist – FOOD DARZEE
1. Zucchini Grilled Cheese
- Two grated zucchini, shredded cheddar and freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Two finely green onions sliced
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start the process by squeezing additional moisture out of the zucchini with a clean towel. Take a bowl in which you require to mix zucchini with corn-starch, green onions, and Parmesan. Pour plenty of vegetable oil in a large skillet in order to layer the pan’s bottom.
- Scoop about one-fourth cup of the zucchini mix onto one side of the pan and shape into a small square. Replicate the process in order to form another patty on the other side.
- You must keep cooking them till the time they turn out to be golden brown on both the sides, about four minutes per side.
- Once you are done, gently remove them from heat to drain on paper napkins and duplicate the same process with the remaining mixture of zucchini mixture.
- You must ensure you have wiped the skillet clean. By placing 2 zucchini patties in the same skillet over medium flame, you must top with shredded cheese, then place two more zucchini patties on top in a way that you form two sandwiches.
- Continue to cook till the time the cheese has melted, about two minutes per side. Repeat the same process with remaining ingredients. Serve hot instantly.
2. Keto Tarts
- 2 cup Packaged Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 200 grams Paneer
- 2 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt + more to taste
- 8 teaspoons Sour Cream for garnish
- Pico de Gallo for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat place 1 Tbsp piles of cheese 2 inches apart.
- Put baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Let cheese cool completely then remove.
- Take the paneer and add the spices. cut into small cubes.
- Stirring till combined and boil for 5 minutes then put more salt to taste.
3. Green Omelette
- One handful of spinach leaves
- One tablespoon feta cheese and one knob of organic butter
- A pinch of salt to taste and pepper
- Four egg whites and a dash of milk (can be of any choice)
- One tablespoon of chopped chives
- A half-ripe avocado that is peeled and cubed
- Seamlessly whisk the eggs with the help of a fork and season with pepper, salt, and chives.
- Take a small non-stick pan and heat the butter over a medium flame.
- Following this, you must add the egg whites and let them spread evenly across the pan. Allow the eggs to settle underneath for about thirty seconds.
- By making use of a fork, you must gently fold one side of the omelette over the filling. Serve hot with a toasted multigrain bread.
4. Omelette In A Mug
- One egg and 2 egg whites
- Two Tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese and one tablespoon of green bell pepper
- Salt to taste and freshly grounded pepper
- Chopped ham (optional)
- Mix the eggs, egg whites, cheese, pepper, salt, and bell pepper in a mug that is safe to be used in a microwave. Heat on high for one minute and give a stir to the contents.
- By returning to the oven, cook till the time the eggs are totally set.
- Cook for about one to one-and-a-half minutes, following which you must sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and ham or chicken pieces on top as per your desire and preference.
5. Avocado Dip
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Water to thin
- 2 tbsp whole milk plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (sugar free) or other hot sauce
- 1 avocado, medium
- In order to prepare a sauce, add all ingredients to a mixer or food processor and blend it till even. Also, if is too thick, add a tablespoon of water till it reaches your wanted consistency.
6. Sweet-Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 large red chillies, stems removed
- 15g fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 lemongrass stems, outer leaves removed and then finely slice the inside
- Handful of coriander leaves, stems & roots
- 100g caster sugar
- 35ml cider vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 10ml fish sauce (optional)
- Place the ginger, chillies, garlic, coriander & lemongrass into a food processor or blender & puree to a coarse paste.
- Put sugar in a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of water & place over a modest warmth & stir well until the sugar is melted. After it gets dissolved, remove the spoon and turn the temperature up to full. Boil until it has turned a light caramel colour.
- Add the cider vinegar & fish sauce (if using), then add it to the food processor or mixer, being watchful of the hot liquid. Using an oven glove to hold down the lid switch onto a low speed & blend the blend to a plane consistency.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.