By Praveen & Maahek Nair, BodyProCoach
Workout routine you would advise for a 40-year old female who is a beginner/number of repetitions, sets.
Turning 40 is the new 20s. But, remember your body is not what it used to be in its 20s. At 40 and over, women’s bodies go through several challenges. The older you grow the more the challenges. Which is even more reason to ensure you’re getting the nutrients you need through a healthy diet.
Time to Try Pilates
Pilates is a really lovely thing for someone if they haven’t done exercise before, because it’s noncompetitive and we start off very gently and slowly so it’s not frightening. It’s very dignified.
Pilates workout is very good for our posture, because gravity tends to draw us down and that really isn’t good – it’s not good for your joints, it’s not good for your back, it’s not good for your bones, so the work that we do on lengthening posture is brilliant.
It helps with your breathing – and there’s nothing more fundamental. If you can make your breathing more efficient, that helps your whole respiratory system.
30 Exercises, 40 Seconds of work and 20 seconds rest, Complete 1 round
and you have hit the Jackpot.
- Leg Circles
- Leg Raise to Knee Tuck
- Knee Tuck to Stretch
- Single Leg Stretch Pulses
- Plank Walk Out
- Double Leg Stretch
- Alternate Arm to Foot Reach
- Sit ups
- Palm to Elbow
- Side Plank Hold (L)
- Side Plank Hold (R)
- Side Oblique Leg Lift (L)
- Side Oblique Leg Lift (R)
- Palm Plank Knee Tuck
- Lower Abs (Alternating)
- Toe Taps
- Opp Hand to Opp Leg Reach
- Knee to Chest Tuck
- C Crunch
- Elbow Plank to Downward Stretch
- Straight Arm to Straight Leg Touch (Alternating)
- Dish Flutter
- Oblique Hip Twist
- Inverted Knee Tuck
- Bear Crawl Hold
- Child Pose to Push Up
- Downward Dog Stretch
- Child Pose
- Down Stretch Leg Lift Alternating 20 Sec Each
At Home Resistance Workout Routine (duration and heart rate)
Resistance training is a form of physical workout that is designed to improve muscular fitness by exercising a muscle or a muscle group against external resistance.
Resistance training is any exercise that causes the muscles to contract against an external resistance with the expectation of increases in strength, power, hypertrophy, and/or endurance.
Set 1 | Duration – 40 mins | Round 3
- 30 Jumping Jacks.
- 20 Body weight squats.
- 10 Push-ups.
- 20 Walking lunges.
- 30 Second plank.
- 10 Burpees
Diet pattern to stick by With Workout to seek Results
Praveen & Maheek Nair of BodyProCoach advice and recommend to stick to Intermittent Fasting + Ketogenic Diet.
Intermittent Fasting is basically a type of eating pattern where you fast and eat at a particular period of time. It is a very effective for reducing body weight and burning fats, but also maintaining the muscles.
When we fast, our body starts burning fats stored in our body.
Ketogenic diet has gained popularity in recent years and for the right reasons being an excellent way to reduce weight.
Basically, a ketogenic diet is an extremely low-carb, high-fat diet with an “adequate” amount of protein.
Combining intermittent fasting and Keto Diet
When combined together, keto and intermittent fasting create a powerhouse of fat burning within your body.
- Combining the keto diet with intermittent fasting can help decrease oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. Inflammation is part of the body’s complex biological immune response to illness, infections, injury, and other forms of stress. Up to a point, inflammation is normal and even desirable. But longterm, excessive inflammation can lead to joint pain, digestive issues, and other health problems.
- Keto and intermittent fasting work extremely well together due to a number of complementing features, and as a consequence offers a great variety of unique health benefits.
- Intermittent fasting shortens the time to get into ketosis
- Promotes weight loss
- Creates a caloric deficit
- Reduces your appetite by making fasting easier
Note: Always consult a doctor before starting off on a weight loss and diet plan.