About two years ago, Diksha’s weight kept increasing in an unhealthy fashion owing to the PCOD and Thyroid. She took it up as a challenge to work on herself, quit her job and started working out. In a mere two years time, Diksha won the title of Mrs. India Earth Runner up and Mrs. Fit (2017-18).
Becoming an inspiration for thousands of women and helping them be a better and fitter version of themselves, she has been featured by leading portals and publications such as The Hindu, ScoopWhoop and Dainik Bhaskar etc.
This Month, Diksha joins us at Women Fitness, sharing the lifestyle changes that she undertook to reverse PCOS and her other health problems to become stronger, fitter and more powerful than ever.
Daily Diet Plan
One of the essentials for strength training is to take a well-nourished and high protein diet. Being a non-vegetarian, I include a lot of eggs and chicken to my daily diet. A usual diet plan looks like this:
Breakfast: 3 -4 Eggs post workout and nuts
Lunch: Oats/ Multigrain Chapati with veggie, salads or sautéed vegetables (Lots of greens, particularly beans)
Dinner: Non-veg (grilled chicken with soup or paneer on veg days) along with 30 gms of rice
Weekly Workout Plan
I maintain a balanced workout regime in which Cardio and Weight Training is an everyday essential along with the designated body part workout.
Routine workout plan is as follows:
Cardio twice a day: 25-30 min each time
I have segregated my whole-body workout as per days:
- Monday – Leg day
- Tuesday – Abs
- Wednesday – Biceps, Triceps & Glutes
- Thursday – Back
- Friday – Shoulders
- Saturday – Cross-training
5 Weight Loss Tips That Are Essential
- Never Starve
- Drink plenty of water
- Focus on cardio along with strength training to not have a saggy skin
- Be consistent and earn your meals
- Eat less processed food
5 Weight Loss Myths That Need To Be Busted!
- Fat doesn’t make you fat: Fat is essential for cell regeneration, therefore it is important for vital body activities.
- Weight lifting doesn’t make women look manly.
- Only cardio cannot give you the perfect shape.
- There is no thing as spot reduction: Women claiming to reduce only belly or thigh fat.
- Crash diet is not a sustainable weight loss option: You need to have a lifestyle change in order to lose weight.
5 Favourite Fitness Tools
- Resistance Bands
- Ankle Weights
- Fitness Tracker
5 At-Home Fat Burning Exercises
- Bench Dips
5 Favourite Fitness Brands