Heavy traffic can be very irritating. It challenges your patience especially when you are in a hurry for a meeting or special event. Music on the other hand has show long-lasting health benefits.
Anything that gets adrenalin pumping will increase heart rate and blood pressure and, in that time, increase the risk of heart attack. In the case of stress cardiomyopathy, patients experience a stressful situation and have a heart attack as a result of the stress – despite their coronary arteries being healthy or normal.
A new study, published in the journal Complementary Therapies in Medicine , shows that listening to music could help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. It works by lowering stress triggered while driving.
The researchers analysed the effects of music on traffic-related cardiac stress by putting participants in different driving situations. The women first drove for 20 minutes at rush hour in a busy city without listening to music.
The following day, the participants returned to the roads and drove the same route at the same time of day but listened to instrumental music. The researchers tried to increase the drivers’ stress levels by providing them a car they did not own. All participants were made to place a heart rate monitor on their chest to monitor their heart rate while driving.
The researchers found that music helped reduce stress levels by increasing levels of parasympathetic nervous system activity and lowering activity in the sympathetic nervous system.
- Stay calm on the road and listen to melodious music.
- Sing along to divert your attention from the traffic stress.
Listening to music could be a preventive measure in favor of cardiovascular health in situations of intense stress such as driving during rush hour.
Bollywood Numbers to Try Out While Driving
Try these from https://www.quora.com/
- Yunhi Chala Chal Rahi (Swades)
- Dil chahata hain
- Khwabon ke Parindey (ZNMD)
- Tanha dil (Shan)
- Suhana Safar Aur Yeh Mausam Haseen (Madhumati)
- Hum Jo Chalne Lage (Jab We Met)
- Zindagi Ek Safar Hai Suhana (Andaaz)
- Yeh Dil Na Hota Bechara (Jewel Thief)
- Hai Apna Dil Toh Awara? Solva Saal
- Kabira? Ye Jawani Hai Deewani
- Azaadiyan? Udaan
- Kyon? Barfi!
- Dekha Hai Aisa Bhi? Lucky Ali
- Main Zindagi Ka Saath Nibhata Chala Gaya — Mohd. Rafi
Drive carefully on Road.