Bommidayila Pulusu is a traditional Andhra fish curry. Andhra cuisine is known to be cooked with a generous amount of spices and aromatics.
- 5 slices of fish (here the chef use a popular fish of the region Bommidala)
- 5-6 Tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4-5 split green chillies
- A handful of curry leaves
- 3-4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp red chilly powder (you can use less chilly also)
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1-2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 cup tamarind extract
- Heat some oil in akadahi.Add some fenugreek and mustard seeds.
- Now add the onions. Once the onions soften and turn brown add some curry leaves and green chillies.
- You can add more oil if need be.
- Now add the tomatoes.
- Add the turmeric and red chilly powder. Mix well.
- Add the coriander powder and salt. Add some tamarind extract to reach a liquid consistency.
- Let the masala simmer for a minute or two (till it comes to a boil).
- Now add the fish. let it simmer for 7-8 minutes.