Fragrant lemongrass, chilies and a sweet and tangy sauce flavor this classic Thai appetizer.
- Carbohydrates12 g(4%)
- Fat11 g(17%)
- Protein23 g(46%)
- Saturated Fat3 g(14%)
- Sodium1325 mg(55%)
- Polyunsaturated Fat2 g
- Fiber2 g(8%)
- Monounsaturated Fat5 g
- Cholesterol98 mg(33%)
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce (nam pla*)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thai roasted chili paste* in oil or chili-garlic sauce*
- 3/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh lemongrass*
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced Thai chilies* or serrano chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 small heads Boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- *Available at Asian markets and some supermarkets nationwide.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in medium bowl to blend; reserve sauce.
- Bring broth to simmer in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken. Simmer until cooked through, breaking up meat with spoon, about 8 minutes. Add green onions and next 3 ingredients. Stir until vegetables are tender and most of liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sauce, cilantro and mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves; serve.