These melt in your mouth kebabs are a great dinner party option. Minced lamb or mutton grilled with a range of Indian seasoning and flavors. It derives its name from the city of Kakori on the outskirts of Lucknow.
- Calories 706.0 Kcal
- Carbs 17.7g
- Fats 59.0g
- Cholesterol 82.4mg
- Protein 24.5g
- Oven temp: 425F-220 C
- 2 cups minced mutton/lamb
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped green coriander
- Chopped green chillies to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped raw papaya
- 4 cloves
- 1 black cardamom seeds
- 1/8 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 blade mace
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 cups onions - sliced thin, and browned crisp in 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/4 cup bhuna chana - powdered
- 1 egg
- Ghee for brushing some chaat masala
- Onion rings and lemon wedges for garnish
- Mix all ingredients except ghee and garnishes to marinate for about 4 hours, then grind to form a smooth, thick paste.
- Knead this mixture well and mix in the roasted gram and the egg.
- Cover and refrigerate for another hour.
- About 25 minutes before serving, shape the meat around the skewers and place thekebabson to a grill over a drip tray, or in a pre-heated oven (also on a drip tray).
- If cooking them over a charcoal grill, you will have to keep rotating them so that they brown and cook evenly.
- They should take 15-20 minutes to cook.
- Brush withgheeand cook another 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chaat masalaonions and the lemon and serve with green chutney.