Summer is the hottest season to enjoy outdoors, wear summer dresses and enjoy delicious fruits. But the heat and warmth of the sun and hot winds tend to damage the skin. The harsh weather makes the skin rough and dull, and causes the pores to be clogged with sweat dust and dirt. Special attention should be given to the skin to keep it healthy and glowing during summer.
Glowing skin is something which we also wish to get in all seasons. With the approach of summer, you can stay happy with all sorts of energetic activities. If your skin becomes dull and unattractive during the process, these tricks will be the best solution.
- Give your face a steam massage. Massaging increases circulation and creates a dewy complexion. For added benefit use an oil cleanser to maximize hydration.
- Use a sheet face mask. Sheet mask detoxes and exfoliates your skin, There are four types of sheets mask including fiber masks, pulp masks, hydrogel masks, and bio-cellulose masks . Using sheet masks can boost the absorption and penetration of ingredients and nutrients into your skin. Search for all the anti-aging ingredients such as AHAs, retinoids, B vitamins, antioxidants and peptides.
- Exfoliate with a washcloth soaked in hot water. Uses a soft washcloth to massage face every day, using upward moving, circular strokes. This keeps the wrinkles at bay.
- Drink barley tea. Barley Tea adds a glow to the face if used daily. Make it a part of your lifestyle.
- Practice mouth stretches. Say A-E-I-O-U in an exaggerated way. Repeat three times. It sounds silly, but many swear this trick improves circulation and brightens skin colour.
- Detox your private parts. Vaginal steams, called “chai-yok,” which involve sitting naked on an open-seated stool above a steaming pot of water filled with medicinal and aromatic herbs for 30 to 45 minutes. The treatment supposedly helps women with infertility issues by “cleansing” the uterus and balancing hormone levels and thus when hormones are balanced the skin emits radiance.
- Everything you put into the body affects to your skin. So, if you want to have a natural, clean, and illuminating skin, you must drink and eat clean! Nutrients in fruits and vegetables will help to clear up the imperfect skin.
These tricks are given by Seema Nanda, Founder, ESTÈTICO – The Facial Bar.