By Sona Mazumdar,
CPO, KidZania India
It does not matter if she is cladded in a sari, gym wear or a business suit; a working woman creates her own destiny. How? Well, she manages her life around the clock to establish a fine balance between her different avatars be it of a mother, wife, daughter-in-law, sister, daughter or friend. Failure is not an option for her. Even though she may need to slip into different attires twice or thrice a day she will do so without complaining to make sure everything in her life runs smoothly and she is surrounded by cheerfulness.
Sounds too much? Well, its not really so for working women. They are conditioned from early stages of their life to ‘give their best shot’ in order to run their lives and those associated with them smoothly and still find time to enjoy a cuppa with her friends. When we look at the demanding roles of a working woman, we often wonder what is it that keeps them going, irrespective of their contiguous environment. I feel that the following core 8 qualities, that often seem simple yet difficult to apply in our daily life, contribute to defining the working women of today.
1. Maintains Balance. The key to achieving a fine balance is no different to how one would effectively manage finishing two completely different tasks. As a woman’s life is layered with multiple facets, she maintains her balance by clearly prioritizing her day-to-day tasks supported by occasional multitasking to complete some of those simultaneously. No matter what phase of life you may be in, balance is the key to not only getting the tasks ticked off your checklist but also a determinant for leading a healthy and peaceful lifestyle free of worries. We often fail to realize that we are the owners of our ‘time’ and so we have the flexibility to utilize it and match it to our convenience.
2. Stays Determined. An unshakable determination goes a long way in deciding what and how you achieve your goals. When a woman courageously determines to achieve a goal, she can actually rule the world! Sounds clichéd? Well it may seem so, but the truth is in the heart of it. A determination acts as your driving force that directs you to plan backwards and follow that plan forwards in a calculated and organized manner. I’ am sure that there is no woman out there who would have easily achieved a goal without first determining for it, at least once. Determination is really important for the success of a workingwoman to win in daily life.
3. Proceeds with an Entrepreneurial Spirit. Every woman has it in her to identify and hone her entrepreneurial spirit. Yes, that’s true! Trusting her entrepreneurial qualities, while on ground, a workingwoman progresses with confidence to succeed and continues to achieve innumerable victories by practicing daily this artful combination of determination, ownership and leadership. With these abilities any one of us can create a new horizon and build our own empire of the future.
4. Feels Compassionate. Throughout our life, although we may be determined to achieve goals or even lead others in an entrepreneurial order but we will only truly succeed if we apply these abilities and interact with people with great compassion. Being compassionate is the highest regarding quality that differentiates a human being from others. Thus, the workingwomen of now and those budding for the future must proceed gently with compassion to win along with others around them in life.
5. Possesses Strength. Women by nature’s will are blessed with a strong core. Be it a housewife, a working professional, an artist or an entrepreneur, women across all walks of life are in general faced with a demanding life. It is strength that brings forth the true power of a woman and keeps her going no matter how the day may present itself to her. Strength is actually synonymous with the word ‘woman’; it is her core essence that defines her without showing off any arm muscle. Workingwomen carry a lot of strength, without even realizing they do sometimes, as they challenge life head on multi-tasking work and chores everyday.
6. Respects & Believes in Self. Many women in India, as well as those in other parts of the world, often lose track of their individual happiness as we invariably end up prioritizing everything else above us. However, in this process we somehow end up not respecting ourselves either, the way we should. The Buddha on seeking enlightenment propagated the universal truth that it is “happiness”, which should and is to be every individuals ultimate purpose in life. So once we women begin to respect ourselves first, we can derive unlimited potential of happiness from within ourselves, which can further spark happiness in others too.
7. Takes Action with Wisdom. It is with wisdom that one can find the true direction and goal and then take action to achieve that goal. It is important that we make the effort to first educate ourselves about the nuances of any decision we are required to make and think it through independently. A working woman does so almost every minute of her life in order to complete and balance everything. As it is an important aspect that determines the future, it becomes necessary to take action based on wisdom before anything else.
8. Expresses Gratitude. Whatever a workingwoman may do in life or wherever she may travel, she feels a sense of deep gratitude for all that she may have achieved to that point in life. I feel gratitude enables us to keep our ‘goodwill’ in check no matter where we go or what we may achieve. As we carry out our daily lives, we will find that there is always something to be thankful for. Once we realize and express our gratitude for that, we automatically find peace around and within us. In order to be completely happy, if we learn to find our satisfaction in expressing gratitude we will recognize the true essence of our being.
About The Author
Sona Mazumdar is the Chief Partnership Officer (CPO) at KidZania India. She is responsible for spearheading strategic liaisons with brands and companies that collaborate with KidZania as a platform for experiential marketing.