8. Pistachio Raisin Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup pistachios. chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, honey, vanilla and almond extracts, softened coconut oil, and milk. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer mix everything until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the coconut flour and gently mix with a whisk or spatula until the coconut flour is completely mixed.
- Let the dough sit for 15 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb all the liquid and become a sticky dough.
- Gently fold the chopped pistachios and the raisins into the dough. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon liner.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator. Use an ice cream scoop to make small 1-inch dough balls.
- Wet your fingers and gently flatten the dough balls to make thin cookies.
- Add some extra chopped pistachios on top of each cookies for a more festive feel.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the thickness. Cookies are done when the top feels firm to touch.
- Let them sit on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack, to cool it completely.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or Ziploc for up to 7 days. Or in the freezer up to 3 months.
9. Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon natural cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1½ tsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Mix together the cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons of milk and make a paste.
- Heat the milk with coconut sugar, lowering the heat just before it boils.
- Add the cocoa paste into the hot milk, and mix well. Cook again on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and pour into a mug. Garnish with small marshmallows if you like.
10. Strawberry Santas
- 12 large strawberries, washed
- ¼ cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- Whisk together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Have two piping bags ready.
- Cut off the strawberry stem so it can sit flat on its own.
- Cut the top third of the strawberry to make the Santa hat.
- Place the cream mix inside a piping bag with a slightly larger tip.
- Pipe some of the cream mix on top of the strawberry base.
- Place the strawberry ‘hat’ on the cream and then pipe a small amount of cream on top of the hat.
- Take another piping bag and cut a very small tip. Fill it with the cream mix and pipe tiny dots on the front of the strawberry base to make the buttons.
- Stick the mini chocolate chips on the cream mix to make the Santa’s eyes.
- The Santas can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.