This season is all about homemade happiness, so here we bring you Celebrity Chef Christmas recipes to try and enjoy with family & friends .
Christmas is here. You should definitely try Pooja’s Chocolate mayo cake, because It is. DELICIOUS.
Chocolate Mayo Cake
- Flour 1 ½ cups
- Caster Sugar 1 ¼ cup
- Cocoa powder½ cup
- Baking powder 1 ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Hellmann’s mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Oil ½ cup
- Strawberries for decoration
- Preheat oven to 165C
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together in a bowl i.e Maida, caster sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk and oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 6 inch ring.
- Bake at 165C for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Garnish with
- And that’s it! Enjoy the yumminess!
Check out: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJDK4kgHx6N/
Rum Cake For Christmas
- 2 cups mixed dried fruits and nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 + ½ cup (360mL) orange juice
- ½ cup (113g) butter
- 150 mL Captain Morgan Original Rum
For cake batter :
- 2 cups (240g) flour
- 1 tsp (4g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (4g) cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp (2g) ginger powder
- ¼ tsp (1g) grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (6g) fresh orange zest
- 1 cup (226g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- ⅓ cup (67g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- Place the roughly chopped fruits and nuts in a bowl.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, bring the orange juice to a boil. Add butter and let it melt.
- Set if off the heat and add Captain Morgan Original Rum. Mix well.
- Pour the rum mixture over the fruits. Cling wrap it and let it sit overnight.
- Next day, preheat the oven to 180C and line a 9” cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium down, whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger powder, nutmeg and orange zest.
- In another bowl, beat both sugars and butter until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Mix in the rum soaked fruits along with the liquid.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 180C for 40-50 minutes
Check out: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJDq50TB2Yg/