Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV). A novel coronavirus (nCoV) is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans. Coronaviruses take their name from their crown-like shape.
According to WHO, Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. 30 January 19:45 GMT — World Health Organization declaresd global emergency
Common Signs of Infection:
- Respiratory symptoms
- shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties.
In more severe cases,
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome
- Kidney Failure and even death.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
CDC Everyday Preventive Actions to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus (CoV):
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Make use of helmet with face shield to cover your face completely.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
Homeopathy For Coronavirus (CoV) Prevention.
Along with the usual hygienic niceties, a government authority this week told the public exactly what to do while we wait for a vaccine: on an empty stomach, take one dose of the homeopathic solution, Arsenicum album 30, each day for three days.
Prophylactic Measures/Immunomodulatory drugs as per the Ayurvedic practices.
- Measures shall be taken to strengthen the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices.
- Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water.
- Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day.
- Trikatu(Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre water, until it reduces to ½ liter and keeps it in a bottle) keep taking it in sips as and when required.
- Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning.
Given the contagious nature of the coronavirus, a vaccine is clearly the best route for prevention, and work on this has already begun at multiple organisations.