Here are 3 simple craft ideas for kids that will surely make dad smile this Father’s Day. Take help of your elder if you are small.
Shirt & Tie Card for Dad
This fun card design is simple enough to do for kids of all ages!
What you’ll need:
- Colored paper (thick paper will work best)
To make Shirt and Tie Card for Dad
- Step 1 – Fold a piece of colored paper in half to create your card.
- Step 2 – Draw two lines of equal length on either side of your card. Draw the lines approximately 2cm from the top of the card.
- Step 3 – Using your scissors, cut along the lines.
- Step 4 – Open the card and cut out the top 2cm section from the back page only.
- Step 5 – Close the card and fold along the cut sections at an angle to create the shirt’s collar.
- Step 6 – Using colored card of a different color, cut out a long diamond-shaped piece to form the basis of your shirt’s tie. Now cut out a separate piece of card for the tie’s knot. Tip: to make this part easier, you could try drawing a decagon (a shape with 10 sides) and then cut the shape in half! Glue this piece in place.
- Write a special note in it for him, and he’ll be very proud of your creative abilities.
Superhero Dad Bookmarks
All great dads are superheroes in our eyes! Create a fun personalized gift this Father’s Day with a DIY superhero bookmark.
- Colored paper (thick paper will work best)
- Compass (or any object that you can use to trace circles)
- Paint or markers
To make Superhero Crafts for Kids
- Step 1 – Cut a long rectangular shape from colored paper to form the basis of your bookmark. Tip: trace around an actual bookmark to get the right length and width!
- Step 2- Cut a long rectangular shape from a separate color of paper. Glue this piece behind your bookmark. This is the superhero’s cape!
- Step 3 – Cut two right angles (hint: a right angle has a 90 degree angle) and glue these pieces to the top of your bookmark. The triangles are the cape’s finishing touches!
- Step 4 – Using a compass, draw a circle and then paint that circle in a color which reflects your dad. The circle will be used as a head for your superhero dad bookmark!
- Step 5 – Carefully cut out your circle. Tip: this step might require help from a parent or babysitter.
- Step 6 – Glue your circle in place at the top of your bookmark.
- Step 7 – To create eyes for your superhero dad, use black paint or a black pen to draw two dots onto white paper. Once dry, carefully cut them out. Tip: this step might require help from a parent or babysitter.
- Step 8 – Cut out a thin strip of paper in the same color as your cape. Glue this piece in place to create a superhero mask and trim its edges.
- Step 9 – Glue your superhero dad’s eyes in place.
- Step 10 – Trace the outline of your superhero dad’s hair onto a blank piece of paper.
- Step 11 – Paint or color your superhero’s hair in a color which reflects your dad and then carefully cut it out.
- Step 12 – Cut out a lightning bolt shape using the same colored paper as your cape and mask, and then glue it in place in the centre of your bookmark.
- Step 13 – Glue the hair in place, and you’re done! Your dad will love his new superhero bookmark this Father’s Day.
Number 1 Dad Ribbon
Is your dad the best dad in the world? Then he deserves a number one dad ribbon!
Colored paper (thick paper will work best)
Compass (or any object that you can use to trace circles)
To make Number 1 Ribbon for Celebrations
- Step 1 – Using a pair of scissors, cut two long rectangular shapes from colored paper and then cut out a triangle shape from the end of each rectangle.
- Step 2 – Cut out two large strips of paper (approximately 4cm in width and 20cm in length).
- Step 3 – Begin tightly folding the paper one section over the other until both lengths of paper are folded.
- Step 4 – Combine both lengths of tightly folded paper together by stapling both ends together. Once stapled, fold the paper inward to form a circle!
- Step 5 – Using a compass (or simply just a circular object) trace a circle onto colored paper and carefully cut it out.
- Step 6 – Trace a number one and a hash symbol (pound sign) onto brightly colored paper (we chose yellow!) and carefully cut them out. Tip: the hash symbol is tricky to draw and to cut out so it might require help from a parent or babysitter.
- Step 7 – Glue the number one and hash symbol in the centre of your circle.
- Step 8 – Staple the ribbon into place.
- Step 9 – Glue the circle into place.
And you’re done! Your dad will feel extra special this Father’s Day with his number one ribbon.
Credit : https://www.babysits.com/