2 Special Jamun Recipes To Try:
Vibrant Tropical Salad
- 1 cup jamun (seedless and diced)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled and diced)
- ½ cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Rock salt to taste
- Boil the quinoa under low flame and let it cool.
- Add in the diced mangoes, jamun and cucumber.
- Add black pepper powder, lemon juice and salt to taste. Add the olive oil and mix well.
- 2 kg Jamun
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp fennel powder
- Wash the jamuns thoroughly, remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
- Boil the water and add the sliced jamuns.
- Add honey, cinnamon, cardamom and fennel powders.
- Stir continuously for 15-20 mins until the water evaporates and the jam thickens.
- Let it cool and store it in a clean glass jar.
- Refrigerate and use throughout the year!