3. Chocolate Multigrain Popsicles
- 2 tablespoons Little Moppet Foods Chocolate Multigrain Health Drink
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon honey
- In a sauce pan, mix the milk and the Little Moppet Foods Chocolate Multigrain Health Drink.
- Stir well until you get a lump free mix.
- Cook the mix on low flame, stirring continuously till it boils. Turn off the flame.
- Allow the chocolate milk to cool down before adding honey to it.
- Stir well and pour into the Popsicle mould.
- Freeze the popsicles for 1 hour. Remove the mould, now the chocolate milk is firm enough to hold the ice-cream sticks.
- Insert one stick in each mould and transfer the mould to a freezer. Freeze for 4-6 hours.
- To unmould the popsicle, just run the mould under running water or let it stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio if you prefer and serve the popsicle immediately.
This recipe is great to learn about how liquids freeze into solids. Since it is chocolate flavored, the kids will enjoy the Popsicles. Parents will need to assist in cooking the healthy drink with the milk.
4. Frozen Yogurt Banana Bites
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup yoghurt
- Butter to grease
- Line a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper. Grease the paper with butter.
- Slice two bananas into half inch slices.
- Freeze the slices for 15 minutes.
- Mash the third banana in a bowl. Add yoghurt and whisk well.
- Take out the frozen banana slices from the freezer.
- Dip each slice of frozen banana in the yogurt mash mixture and place on the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
Bananas are perfect for kids beginning to learn cutting skills. You can use a child-safe knife or scissors to slice the bananas. They’ll also have fun mashing the banana with the yogurt. Very young children can count out 3 bananas too.
5. Choco Dates Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons Little Moppet Foods Choco dates smoothie powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- Garnish – Banana slices, Kiwi slices, Chopped walnuts, Chia seeds, Desiccated coconut
- To a blender jar, add all the ingredients and pulse 3-4 times to get a smooth creamy smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and garnish with sliced fruit, chopped nuts and seeds.
- Serve immediately.
This is an easy recipe for kids of all ages. Let them decide upon the toppings they want, so they can customize it to their liking. Show them the picture but let them decorate it any way they like.