The hearty, but light, Italian Minestrone corn and mushrooms
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- 3 mushrooms – sliced very finely
- 2 large tomatoes – blanched, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- ¼ cup cucumber – finely chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 btsp salt, or to taste
- 2-3 tbsp grated cheese
- To blanch the tomatoes, put them in hot water for 10 minutes. Take out the skin and chop them finely.
- Heat the butter and fry the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the corn, mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, cucumber and water. Boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, till well blended.
- Serve hot in soup bowls garnished with grated cheese.