A typical Mexican smoky flovoured capsicum and sweet corn soup.
- 1 capsicum – roasted on a naked flame, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ onion – chopped finely
- 1½ cups cooked sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup milk
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sugar, or to taste
- Pierce the capsicum with a fork and hold over the flame until the skin blackens. Remove from the heat, rub off the burnt skin. Wash capsicum and chop finely.
- Grind corn kernels with milk in a grinder to a rough paste.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for ½ minute.
- Add the chopped capsicum and stir fry again for a minute.
- Add corn paste and 3 cups of water to the onion-capsicum mixture. Boil.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 cup of water and add to the soup.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Boil and simmer on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.