- 3 glasses water
- 1 small lemon sized ball or imli (tamarind)
- 1 tsp bhuna jeera (roasted & powdered cumin seeds)
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp powdered sugar
- 1” piece ginger – crushed roughly
- juice of 1 small lemon
- ¾ tsp salt or to taste
- Wash the imli ball & put in a steel pan with 1 glass water. Boil. Remove from fire. Cool.
- Add the remaining (2 glasses) water. Mash well to extract pulp.
- Mix in all the other ingredients & keep the jal jeera in the fridge to chill.
- At serving time, strain the jal jeera & serve in small juice glasses.