This super-easy and quick Mango Gazpacho is sweet and refreshing, finishing with a spicy note from the jalapeno. Serve in a small glass or bowl as an appetizer, or it makes a brilliant light summer lunch or dinner.
for the gazpacho
- 3 medium-to-large Mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 c Orange Juice (fresh-squeezed preferred)
- 2 T Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large cucumber, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 small-to-medium red onion, chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic (or 1/2 shallot), diced
- 4 T Fresh lime juice
- 1 small red or orange bell pepper (or 4–5 mini peppers), seeded, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro leaves
- Other garnishes, if desired: chopped red pepper, a few pepitas
make the gazpacho
- In a blender, food processor, or large bowl using an immersion blender, purée the mango, orange juice and olive oil together until smooth.
- Reserving the cilantro, add all of the other ingredients, and continue to purée until they reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate soup for at least 1 hour.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro, chopped red pepper, pepitas, a swirl of creme fraiche or sour cream.