It is important to provide proper care of your baby as the immune system of a newborn is still developing and they can easily catch infections, cold, and get dry skin.
Preventive Winter Care Tips
- Maintain self-hygiene: you can easily avoid your child catching flu and colds by maintaining clean hands and the environment. Ensure to wash your wash or at least sanitize them before you pick up your baby. This way you can prevent passing on any germs or bacteria to them.
- Give the baby a good massage: now this is an important step as it allows for better blood flow and stimulation throughout the baby’s body and adds to their immune development. Go for good baby oil and keep the room warm as you massage.
- A moisturizer is a must! Baby skin is very soft and supple and is pretty susceptible to dryness and itchiness. So, you must surely include a good moisturizer in your daily skincare routine. Opt for a good natural product, rich in milk cream and butter, and avoid the ones loaded with synthetic ingredients and chemicals.
- Do not pause/stop breastfeeding is the best and natural way to improve a baby’s immunity. Ensure that you thoroughly breastfeed your baby, at least for the first six months.
- Say NO to heavy blankets: It is pretty normal to think that the colder it is outside, the heavier the blanket you must use to cover your baby. But, no! avoid using heavy blankets and pillows as they could restrict the baby’s free movements and might lead to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Maintain the vaccination schedule continues with the baby’s scheduled vaccinations as it could ensure health and safety for the child even when he grows up. Even if your baby is sick or has caught a cold, do not miss out on the vaccination appointment.
- Don’t overdo the baby products: restrict the usage of shampoos, soaps, and body wash in the harsh winters. They could cause more dryness to the skin. A simple water bath followed by a good moisturizer should be enough for the season.
- Don’t entirely say no to going out until and unless it is freezing cold outside, do take your baby out for a stroll. Staying indoors all the time is not good – not for you, not for your baby! Ensure that your baby is thoroughly covered before you step out.
- Supplement with multivitamins your doctor has suggested any multivitamins for your child, then do not skip the recommended dosage. Multivitamins also assist in building strength and immunity in the body and they would help your baby – both in the long run and the short run too!
- Keep your room warm you could use a heater case dry heat and more skin dryness. the humidifier is better. This will keep him safe from the chills outside and protect him from the cold and flu.
These are some of the most important tips that you can follow to keep your baby safe this winter. If you still notice that your little one is sick or not feeling well, do not forget to consult your doctor immediately. Happy parenting!