By Dr Hema, mylittlemoppet_
Holi is nearly here and even if we’re practicing social distancing, it doesn’t mean that we can’t celebrate , with healthy treats! One of the easiest ways to celebrate any festival is to get dressed up, spend time with our loved ones and of course, gorge on delicious food!
When it comes to cooking for the family, gone are the days when only a few members slave all day in the kitchen. Today everyone gets involved in putting a wonderful feast on the table. Everyone can do their bit, and when it’s a no flame recipe, even young kids can join in!
Here are some colorful and no-flame treats for kids to make, that involve no cooking, baking or heat of any kind. What’s more, these are made with healthy ingredients like fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, so you can all enjoy a guilt-free feast!
Colourful Non-flame Healthy Treats for Holi
1. Thandai Smoothie
- 1 cup Chilled milk
- 1/2 tsp Homemade Thandai powder
- 1 tsp Dry fruits powder
- 1/2 cup Ice cubes
- 2 tbsp Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients together till smooth.
- Serve chilled in a tall glass and garnish with some chopped nuts and rose petals.
2. Colorful Fruit Skewers
- Black grapes
- Green grapes
- Bananas, cut into small pieces and dipped in orange juice
- Pineapple, cut into small pieces
- Orange slices
- Kiwi fruit, cut into small pieces
- Melted chocolate
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Vanilla extract
- Wooden skewers
- Wash the fruits well and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Thread the fruits on the wooden skewers and chill in the refrigerator.
- Fill the melted chocolate in a piping bag and pipe over the cold fruits.
- For the honey vanilla yogurt dip, mix the honey, vanilla and yogurt in a bowl.
- Chill for a few hours and serve with the fruit skewers.